Sunday, May 8, 2011

I saw a ghost on the stairs
Sheets on the tables and chairs
Silverware swam with the sharks in the sink
Even so I don't know what to think
I've been hoping for
Daisies to push through the floor
I want life to grow all around me
So I don't feel sad anymore..

I'd rather waltz then walk through the forest
The trees keep the tempo as they sway in time
A quartet of crickets Chime in for the chorus
If I play your heartstrings, will you strum on mine?

I saw a bear in the den
Reading My TextBooks Again
The Bats Float Like Traffic
As They Poured From The Addict
Heaven Knows I Could Really Use a Friend

I'd rather waltz then walk through the forest
The brook babbles on about nothing at all
A quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus
A new leaf turns over unwilling to fall

I'v Been Hoping For...
I'v Been Hoping For...
I Want Life To Grow All Around me,
So I Don't Feel Sad Anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment